Mingary - Surroundings
There are a wide range of recreation and leisure activities around Oxford, such as:
- Walking & Tramping on Mt Oxford, Mt Thomas and Mt Richardson, along with smaller bush walks around the township.
- Dining at Cafe 51, Seagars at Oxford, Village Foods and the Oxford Workingmens Club.
- Waimakariri Golf Course - 18 holes, panoramic views, located minutes from Oxford.
- Horse Riding & Trekking available from Kowhai Riding School (with prior arrangement).
- Lavender Farm, Craft Shop, Farmers Market (every Sunday), Craft Market.
- Fishing & Swimming in the Waimakariri and Ashley rivers.
- Kayaking on the Ashley river and Jet Boating on the Waimakariri.
- Mountain biking along the Wharfdale track.
- Six Ski Fields within one hour (approx) of Oxford, including Mt Hutt, Porter Heights and Temple Basin.
- Abundant Picnic Spots.